Monday, November 17, 2014

Entangled by Veronica Larsen



Title: Entangle
Author: Veronica Larsen
Genre:  Romance (Adult, Contemporary)
 
Happily ever after? It doesn’t exist.

I wore the big white dress and rode off with Prince Charming. Then Charming changed his mind.

These days, I don’t put my heart in anyone’s hands because I don’t even know where I’ve left it. 

So when a ruggedly handsome, blue-eyed man stirs my desires awake for the first time in years, I tell myself it’s a one-time thing.

And now? I’m hooked. Nothing could prepare me for Leo. He weaves simple, deliberate movements into pure, gilded pleasure. Like a sensual alchemist.

I’m so blinded by lust I barely notice the gaping hole opening underneath me, the one that’s sure to swallow me down. Because every time I’ve dared to get close to someone, they’ve cracked me wide open.

Why should this time be any different?

Links
Twitter: @Author_VLarsen
Facebook: Veronica Larsen
Email:
authorveronicalarsen@gmail.com
Wattpad: VMLarsen


Excerpt:
Our eyes meet again and I feel the electricity weaving in the air between us. It takes every ounce of control to keep my hands on the desk behind me. My eyesight darts to a purple speck on her cheek.

“Is that…” I don’t realize what I’m doing until I reach over and brush a finger along her skin to pick it up. Her response is immediate; she tenses up at my touch. “Is this confetti?”

She leans in to get a closer view.

“Oh, Yeah. I was at a kid’s party earlier.” She takes hold of my hand with her own to examine the purple speck at the tip of my finger. She goes on pretending she doesn’t notice our proximity, but still lowers her voice a notch. “I got caught in a piƱata explosion.”

“Sounds terrifying.”

Our voices are just above a whisper now. Because we are standing so close there’s no need to speak louder than that. My breathing slows as I look down toward her mouth and watch as her lips form her next words.

“It was. I barely made it out alive.”

I’m not exactly sure what happened next. I don’t know who made the first move, who closed the gap between us. All I know is that her face is suddenly in my hands and I’m kissing her. Hard. Her mouth parts to my tongue, her own joining me willingly.

Her entire body melts into mine as she wraps her arms around my neck. Our kiss is desperate. I grab her by her waist and move our bodies around until her back hits the door. I press her against it. My hands slide up and down her body, grasping at whatever I can reach.

No comments:

Post a Comment