Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Release day for Bound to the Moon


Blurb:

For me…

....immortality is a curse....release is an impossibility...and love is the one thing I cannot have.

Forbidden or not, I am determined to save my only ray of hope, regardless of what it'll cost me.

The moment I met Marjorie I knew she was the one thing I couldn’t have, but that didn’t stop us from bonding. The problem is I’m as much of a threat to her as the alpha hunting her down.

Now that I’m fighting against the clock to save her from an invading pack, I realize the only way to protect her from danger—including myself—is by letting her go. But will my sacrifice be in vain? Can I let her go knowing she’s the only one that can save me?

BUY LINKS:




Excerpt:

I inch closer to her until our shoulders touch, wishing that my proximity will calm her nerves somewhat. I’m in need of closeness between us too and I secretly hope she feels the same way. Our faces come within inches of each other’s and I’m suddenly tempted to move in and kiss her. I know I shouldn’t. Not after showing symptoms of yet another relapse, but I’ve never been able to resist Marjorie.

She has been my one true weakness since day one. I tried to stay away. I tried to fight off the attraction, but that didn’t work out so well. I don’t want to anymore anyway.

In some cases, giving in is so much easier than fighting back.

“Marquis called a few family members and longtime friends. Lone wolves mostly,” I explain, but I’m not even a hundred percent sure I’m making any sense. My eyes have zeroed in on Marjorie’s lips and I think I might just kiss her. I want to. And I know she wants it too.

I can hear the blood rushing through her body. I can see the rapid pulse of the vein in her neck, which indicates a physical response to whatever is going through her head.

“You know…we rarely have these moments alone. We should really take advantage of them when they do present themselves.”

I smile. Her logic is irrefutable and hard to argue with, but she doesn’t know what happened a little while ago. She has no idea how severe this relapse was. Even I don’t know if I’ll take a one eighty turn any second now.

“We’re not really alone.” I should move away, but I don’t because she’s right. We don’t have that many moments to be together without a third party keeping watch. And in the next few days, we may not have any alone moments at all.

With this in mind, I move closer until a space of about an inch keeps our lips from making contact. “Gage is outside in the hall,” I inform her.

Marjorie’s hand releases mine and moves up my arm to my shoulder before moving up to the side of my face where it rests on my cheek. She’s smiling, and her smile is sweet and at the same time, timid. 

“I figured that, but he’s not in the room with us.” She wiggles her eyebrows suggestively.

I lose all sense of self-control when her smile turns wicked. She wants to be kissed and I aim to oblige.

No comments:

Post a Comment