Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Interview with Ingrid Seymour


Title: Girls Are Players (G.A.P. #2)
Author: Ingrid Seymour
Date of Publication: December 4, 2013

Genre: contemporary new adult romance


Blurb:
Jessica Norton is a villain in the body of a gorgeous, rich, college girl. She cheats, lies, plays with people’s feelings, and purposely breaks unsuspecting hearts to avenge a personal loss. She’s the kind of girl people love to hate—even if it’s just because she has it all. Except . . . she doesn’t have it all. What she wants most is the love of her high school sweetheart, Taylor Drennon, the guy who got away, the one who left without telling her why and caused all her bitterness.

Not surprisingly, Jessica’s evil has made her a pariah. Alone, without friends or Taylor’s love, her college life is a nightmare. She’s haunted by her own mistakes and drowning in lack of direction. Something needs to change. So when the first opportunity to turn her life around presents itself, she takes it. Home for Christmas break, Jessica runs into Taylor. His unexpected friendliness seems like an invitation to rekindle their love. Inspired by a drastic idea that will both distance her from her heinous reputation and pull her closer to Taylor, she decides to transfer to OSU where he attends under a football scholarship.

Confident she can regain his heart, Jessica reenters Taylor’s life with a splash. Failing to naturally lure him closer, she is then forced to rely on her old games and underhanded scheming. Though Jessica’s heart is in the right place, it is hidden from Taylor by her blunders. More than once their powerful chemistry takes control, leading Jessica to believe she’s winning. But, it’s a hot and cold affair, and she’s not the only one to blame for their stormy love. If Jessica can only coax Taylor into explaining why he doesn’t want her, maybe she could finally walk away from him for good, maybe she could finally be happy.

Goodreads link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18633811-girls-are-players?ac=1

EXCERPT:
Taylor stood in the shadow of one of the large, open French doors, but I knew it was him immediately. The slant of his shoulders, the casual way he stood with one hand inside his pocket, not to mention his tall, elegant frame.
I felt myself melt into a puddle.
He was just a guy, for God’s sake—nothing more than a flesh and blood man. He shouldn’t have this power over me, not after all this time.
He stepped out of the shadows. Moonlight fell on his face, and I nearly gasped. He was smiling tentatively, silver eyes wide and expectant. His smooth, brown hair wasn’t cropped like the last time I’d seen him. It was a little long and stylish. A questioning arch disturbed the perfect line of his eyebrows.
“Jessica,” he greeted in a low tone.
I blinked several times as I waited for my brain to jump start my lungs. My name on his lips, a sound I once took for granted, now literally left me breathless.

Interview with Ingrid Seymour

1)      Would you tell the readers a little bit about yourself?
I’m a software engineer during office hours and a young adult and new adult author the rest of the time. I love, love, love to write, and dream of the day when I can become a full-time author. For me, it isn’t about fame or money; it is simply about being able to make a living doing what I love most. I hope hard work will get me there someday. I also love reading, movies, music, sushi, pizza, my family, and did I mention writing? ;) Oh, and I love hearing from my readers!

2)      Which project are you currently promoting?
I’m promoting the second book in The G.A.P. Series. The title is Girls Are Players.

3)      Can you tell us what the book is about?
Sure, the book is about 2 high school sweethearts who have grown apart after breaking up before their graduation. The thing is . . . they’re still in love, but don’t know how to properly communicate their feelings for each other. Jessica decides that playing games to get Taylor back is the best option; whether her games help her or not is debatable! One thing is for sure, it’s lots of fun.

4)      How did you come up with the title for this book?
It all started with The Guys Are Props Club which is the first book in the series. Affectionately, the club in known as The G.A.P. Club, so I thought it would be cool to have the following books use the same letters hence: Girls Are Players  J

5)      What inspired you to write this book?
When I was writing The Guys Are Props Club, I found Jessica’s character to be very interesting. She is the antagonist in the first book, and I thought she would make a fascinating character to write about. I was not wrong. I had a lot of fun getting to know her. She’s something else, feisty with a huge attitude and lots to learn.

6)      What made you decide to become a writer?
Since my teenage years, stories have popped into my head with an urge to be committed to paper. I honestly believe I was born a storyteller, but it took some effort to turn myself into a true writer. Several talents are needed to be an author, and it takes time to cultivate them. Now, that I’m here, though, I know it’s for the long haul. Writing is part of me!

7)      What genre do you generally write?
My genre of preference is Young Adult, followed by New Adult. I have several YA stories that are publication ready, I just need the time to get it all done. Little by little, I will get there, though.

8)      What character out of your most recent work do you admire the most and why?
I really love Sebastian the male lead in The Guys Are Props Club. He is down to earth, knows what he wants and goes for it. He has high morals and is a complete gentleman. I’m a sucker for those!

9)      What other projects are you currently working on?
Currently, I am working on something a little different from Girls Are Players, which I plan to release early next year. This book is a Young Adult urban fantasy, a story that was very popular with teen audiences in HarperCollins’ former website inkpop.com (now figment.com.) The story rose quickly to #1 and remained there for an entire month until it earned a professional review from a HarperCollins professional editor. It was very exciting! And now I’m finally ready to make its publication a reality. I love this story. It is very different, unlike anything else out there. I can’t wait to see what readers think of it.

10)  When you begin a new MS, does it start with an idea, concept, or both?
Both have happened to me. The Guys Are Props Club started as a concept. I thought of how fun it would be to have a “man-hating club” in a college setting. The characters and the story line came later. Girls are Players was born as an idea all fleshed out with characters and all, namely Jessica and her desperate plight with Taylor.

11)  What is your least favorite part about getting published?
I can honestly tell you that I enjoy every step. As an indie author I do everything myself, and I have fun doing it all. I just wish I had more time to dedicate to all that needs to be done K

12)  Was the road to publication a long one for you?
Yes. First I had to learn to write a compelling story, then all the ins and outs of indie publishing.  There are many aspects to it, and it takes time to master them. Now that I’m there, however, I’m glad I took the time to learn first. It is paying off. I wrote my first full-length novel seven years ago, so it took some time.

13)  Do you use a pen name? If so, why?
No. Ingrid Seymour is my name! J

14)  Where do you see yourself in five years?
Hard to tell. All I know is that there will be plenty more of my books out there. At least ten more J

15)  What is the best advice you can give to a new author?
Find a critique group and learn to take all kinds of advice, especially the one you don’t want to hear. By critiquing others and putting your work out there to be examined by people who will be honest with you, you learn invaluable lessons. Keep an open mind and don’t get defensive when someone gives you negative feedback.

16)  Where can the readers find more information about you?
They can find me on my website www.IngridSeymour.com. From there you can link to twitter, facebook and pinterest. Also they can subscribe to my newsletters, so they don’t miss any important news.

About Ingrid Seymour:


Ingrid Seymour loves, loves, loves to write. Her favorite genres are Young Adult and New Adult fiction.  Her debut novel “The Guys Are Props Club” is an NA contemporary romance which she immensely enjoyed writing.  Her favorite outings involve a trip to the library or bookstore where she immediately gravitates toward the YA section. She’s an avid reader and fangirl of many amazing books. She’s sure that one day she’ll see one of her books made into a movie. She likes to dream big ;)

Website www.ingridseymour.com
Facebook https://www.facebook.com/IngridSeymourAuthor
Twitter http://twitter.com/Ingrid_Seymour
Pinterest http://pinterest.com/IngridSeymour/
Goodreads http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/4052093.Ingrid_Seymour
Newsletter http://eepurl.com/slKoz

No comments:

Post a Comment